Are you thinking about buying a new home, but unsure about what your first steps should be? If so, we have prepared a home buyer checklist to help you through the first steps to buying a house.
First Steps To Buying A House
- Get Pre APPROVED – Understand what you can comfortably afford based on:
– Interest rates
– Taxes and Insurance
– Home Owners Association if applicable
– Total monthly payment PITI (Principle, Interest, Taxes, Insurance) or PITIA (Principle, Interest, Taxes, Insurance, HOA)
- Identify your comfort zone – Where and what you want to buy based on what you can afford.
- Find, interview and select your Realtor.
- Do a complete Buyer consultation with your Realtor of choice and clearly outline your needs and wants.
- Do your own research on locations.
- Have all necessary documentation ready to make an offer on a home:
– Pre APPROVAL Letter – Not a pre qualification
– Proof of down payment and closing costs
– Proof of your FICO Scores
- Start looking at homes with your chosen Realtor.
- Start to narrow down what you like and don’t like.
- Find your home!
Want to learn more about how you can be a successful buyer? Check out my YouTube video for more tips!
Need more help? Contact us today at 949-413-6967.